Saturday, April 19, 2008

To finish this book, or to start a new one

Today as I was beginning to read this new book Dave bought me at Together for the Gospel, I got to thinking about how many books I have started but never finished.
  • Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan
  • Don't' Waist Your Life by John Piper
  • The Search for Significance
  • The Life You've Always Wanted by John Ortberg
  • What does God Know and When Does He Know It by Millard J. Erickson
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp ( I started this today!)
  • The Shaping of a Christian Family by Elisabeth Elliott ( I think that's the name)
  • A Chance to Die (about Amy Carmichael)
  • Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney (My dear husband was nice enough to remind me of this one! :)

That is all I can think of now. I think there are more, those are just the ones I started this year. That makes me sad that I started so many books and never finished them. I am going to try to complete all those books before the end of the year! Maybe I should start with the Spiritual Disciplines book:) On a positive note, I have actually finished a few books this year. They are.......

  • Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham (Loved it!)
  • A biography on Martin Luther (can't remember the exact name)
  • Lots of Junie B. Jones and Fairy Tales (do those count?)

OK. So tomorrow is a new day and I am going to finish some books soon. Its not that I don't want to read.... its just I always seem to find a book I want to read more than the one I'm reading (hence all the unfinished books). So feel free to keep me accountable to reading , especially to reading my Bible .....I've never even finished it..... that's another goal to aim for!

Have a good Sunday!

Lisa

1 comment:

savsmomathome said...

Lisa,
Did you ever finish "Shepherding a Child's Heart"? My sister recommended that book long ago, and I never have read it. Wondering what you thought.
Great to see your blog and it sounds like you guys are doing well. I was surprised to see that you guys had left Hill Crest - we haven't found a place that feels like "home" since we left the church where my dad had been pastoring in Ohatchee. Hope to see you guys soon - miss our times together. Such precious memories!

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...