Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dave and Lisa June 13, 1998




Ten years ago today at 2:00, Dave and I were married at Ridgeview Baptist Church in Talladega, AL.
















Today Dave and I celebrate our 10th year of marriage. Several years ago Dave made me a card of Remember Whens. Today I thought I would recall some of my favorite memories of the last 10 years.











Dave,



Remember When…...

You would leave right after school on Friday and drive to Talladega to see me.

I would cook meals on Sunday afternoon to send home with you for the week.



I would run to the bedroom if I thought you might be going to bed..(so I didn’t have to turn the lights out.)

We got that yummy burger from The Bullet!

I would walk to the practice field from our little house to watch the band practice.

The smell of eggs made me sick while I was pregnant with Abby.

You stayed up all night writing a paper.

We went to New Orleans and I was so scared of everything.

We watched from our hospital room after Erin was born as the Presidents plane took off from the Birmingham airport.

We lived in that tiny apartment after Samuel was born.

You stayed up all night with Abby and changed her first diaper.



We found out I was pregnant with Erin. SURPRISE :)

We found out I was pregnant with Samuel. SURPRISE AGAIN!!



We would load the kids up in the van, turn on a video and ride around just so we could talk.



We would walk around Gordo and talk.



I made those cute yellow curtains for our little Gordo house.



I spent those nights at Britney Carvers house.



I packed 4 bags to take to Williams wedding. HA. ( Just my bags!)



We painted the nursery on Sleepy Hollow Circle.



We bought our first house and unpacked everything that day.



We spent a few days in that cute little cabin in Mentone. (You studied, I Scrapbooked, It was so relaxing).



We would talk early in the morning and late at night during my student teaching. ( nights and weekend plan)



I took that video Geology class after we got married so I would graduate in August.



I came with Stacey and John to the Weaver band contest.



We got engaged on that foggy day in March.



We ate at the Victoria.....What was it that we ate? :)



We wished our honeymoon would have been longer.



You ordered drill right before Erin was born.


We had lunch at The Rocket in 1995 and had talked about homeschooling.


You came to my apartment and gave me the book In the Eye of the Storm.


We square danced with Chuck and Kim at the little apartment on Forney.


It snowed in Gordo.


All those Sunday lunches at Fuzzy's.



You made supper when I came to visit you in Gordo.


All those dinners at the Northport Diner. Yum.


We painted the girls room and were so proud of it!


We were so glad when football season was over.


You graduated from NOBTS.....I was so proud!



We made the decision to go to Grace Fellowship.




There are so many memories of the past ten years. Those are just few I thought you would enjoy. Happy Anniversary! I love You!



Lisa


















11 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Dave and Lisa! I love beautiful memories like those.

Anonymous said...

10 Years Together...
a whole lot of stuff,,,

Year One: Gordo
Honeymooning in Gatlinburg
Newly Married in Gordo
1 Channel (ABC 33/40)
The Make-Shift King-Sized Bed (2 single beds together)
Discipling Gordo Kids
Finding Grace Church “By Accident”
Helping with the Franklin Graham Festival
Vacationing in Hilton Head (just us)
Resigning from Gordo

Year Two-Five: Oxford
My Job in Heflin
Your Job in Talladega
Quitting my job...going back
You rarely going to work
Just us for a while (with 12 Channels of Basic Cable)
Having Abby
Staying home with Abby full time
Setting up Abby’s beautifully decorated nursery
Hating football, parades, & booster meetings
Being “caught” going to Dr. (pregnant with Erin)
Having Erin (She cried…)
Resigning from Heflin
Finding out we were pregnant with Samuel
Beginning at Hill Crest full time
Beginning Seminary at NOBTS

Year Five: Alexandria (Apartment)
Carey Smith giving us a place to stay
Our friends moving us in
Having Samuel (happy to stay at St. Vincents)
Going back and forth to storage buildings
Staying up all night for Seminary
Taking kids to the Doctor (over and over)
Looking for a house
Knowing 702 Windtree was the house

Year Six-Ten: Weaver
2000 square feet...you were happy
New house blues (almost shot the pizza man 1st night)
Me: Reading, New Orleans, Funeral Homes, Hospitals
You: Kids, Rearranging furniture, Scrap Booking
Kids growing up (lot’s of pictures)
Turning 30
Becoming a Minister of Music
Cooking, cleaning, sewing, and raising kids
Graduating from Seminary
Home Schooling
Hanging out with College and Career
Going to Disney World
Resigning from Hill Crest and moving to Grace
Giving our lives to the Gospel
Giving our lives to our kids
Giving our lives to each other

...Ready for ten more???

Your Precious Dave

Tasha said...

Dave and Lisa,
Happy Anniversary!
Alan and I celebrated our 25th this past Wed.! Just wait til you have that many years to be thankful for, plus the wedding of your daughter that's when things get really sappy and joy and saddness! I hope ya'll have a great day! You are such a wonderful family. I thank God for leading you to us! In His Grace!
Tasha

Unknown said...

Ok guys... go ahead & make me cry! That is really sweet of you. You give us so much to look foward to!! Thanks for being such good examples. We love you! Happy 10th Anniversary!
Christy & Jason

Tamara said...

Happy Anniversary!!

This is so sweet! I love this kind of stuff! It was 25yrs. for Carlton and I last April 8th. Hard to believe, it seems like yesterday. Treasure every moment!

Love you guys, Tamara

The Davis Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!!Can you believe it has been 10 years? It is exciting and scarry to think of what your history will be after 20 years...children growing up, maybe more children, more radical leaps of faith, Dave's twisted humor being 10 years wiser, older ones to shape you, younger ones to immitate you, new friends to encourage you, knowing the grace of God 10 more years????

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Karen said...

Well this made your Mama cry. This was so sweet. Lisa, one of my memories is that I knew Dave was the one for you the first time I met him. I love you both. Happy, happy anniversary!!!!!

John said...

I remember your wedding very well....I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Andrew and my face and feet were so puffy and swollen. John and I sang Faithful Friend, and us gals watched as the guys dumped a whole bag of birdseed on Dave and in your car.
I also remember that band thing that you came to.....we were all so glad to see Dave, but he was more glad to see you than us I suspect........
happy 10th!
Stacey

DonnaK said...

awww.....10 years....10 LONG years...how suiting that it fall on Friday the 13th...(I'm just playing). Congratulations you guys! It is crazy how time flies and how every year only goes faster! I pray you will have many, many, many years together to experience new "remember whens". We love all of you Swinney's! I hope y'all have a GREAT anniversary!

The Kays

Aimee said...

Happy Anniversary!

All I can say is...thank God we are out of Pickens county!!!!!

So sweet!

So glad you are at Grace.
We love you guys!

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...