Thursday, July 31, 2008

Late Wednesday Night

OK. It is 1:05 a.m. and I am fretting! I got back from the grocery store around 11:00. I cleaned out the van and unloaded the groceries. I got all the groceries put away and sat down in the living room to fold a load of clothes. It was about midnight. I was watching Law and Order, folding clothes and enjoying my time alone, when something caught my eye. I looked over in front of the window and saw a MOUSE!!!!!! I saw a MOUSE!!!!! I ran downstairs and woke Dave up to tell him I saw a MOUSE!!! He mumbled some words and gave me the "I wish I could do something look" before he went back to sleep. I went to look and see if we had any mouse traps.....of course we did not. So I sat in the living room staring at the TV.....the mouse was behind the TV. He did peak out once. I got a large rubbermaid tub and was prepared to trap him, but he didn't show his face again. So now I am sitting here wondering what the mouse is doing. Dave will take care of it in the morning......but its like 5 hours until he gets up. He's got a cold so I really hated to bother him......but I did see a MOUSE. So if I can, I am going to try go sleep .....The kids are all three sleeping on the top bunk in Erin's bed. That is some comfort to know that they are up high!!! I guess I can be glad we don't have snakes. I may not sleep at all tonight! I'll update after we catch/kill the MOUSE or MICE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be freaking out too! Did you kill it?

Tamara said...

Boy do I have a mouse story for you!! It is too long to go into here but remind me and I'll tell you Sunday. This just happened while we were at the beach last week.

Hope you get it!

The Davis Family said...

It is sooo obvious that you do not live in the country QUEEN LISA. I would have loved to watch you try and trap that thing in a rubbermaid bucket. BTW they can climb high too!!!

John said...

Well, know what John would say if I woke him up with a mouse tale? He'd say "He won't eat much" and go back to sleep!

Set a trap if you want, but it will probably find it's own way back out.

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...