Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Making Memories

A few years ago I started getting my nieces and letting them build gingerbread houses with Abby and Erin. This year it grew to be all the girls plus Samuel and Andrew. I must say the boys did an excellent job for their first year. Samuel built a garage on his house. He is a lot like his grandaddy. Andrew surprised us tonight. I did not think he would be interested in building a house but he was. He sat there for an hour and 15 minutes working diligently on his masterpiece. The girls love this tradition. I think I enjoy it as much or more than they do. Their houses get better every year. As they were working on them tonight, I was looking at Chloe and Abby and thinking that Chloe will be 10 soon. I wonder how long this will be something they look forward to. I hope it will be a tradition that lasts for years to come. I'm 34 and I still enjoy building a gingerbread house.
Click to play
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Karen said...

This was great. You are just wonderful, Lisa. At least that's the opinion of your Mama. I love you!

Jessica said...

Great pictures~that is such a wonderful tradition!

Unknown said...

I love all the missing front teeth. It makes me think of that song "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...