Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Coupons

For the past month or so I have been trying to make the most of my food dollar. I have been clipping coupons and researching couponing online. So far in the past few weeks I have averaged saving $3 dollars a week with coupons. Not really so great. But I am determined to save more. I have signed up online at O Charley's, Chucke Cheese and by doing this you get great online coupons. From O Charley's I got a $5 off coupon which we used. With the fact that kids eat free there, it was a pretty inexpensive meal out for our family. Yesterday I got a coupon from O Charley's for a free appetizer. These are a couple of the sites I use :





I'm always looking for new information if any of you have any wisdom to share. My goal is to be one of those mama's who can go into the store and buy $40 worth of stuff for $5 with my coupons. I'll keep you posted on my savings!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I appluad you Lisa for trying the coupon thing. I do not have much luck with it myself, so I can not offer any wisdom.
I hope you do get some good feedback though so I can get some tips. =)

Misty said...

I love coupons, but I don't save as much as I'd like. My friend, Sherry, is the coupon queen. Here's here blog: http://az4meandmyhouse.blogspot.com/ She might have some tips or links to other sites posted in her past posts. Thanks for sharing your coupon websites. As I come across new ones that I like I'll be sure to pass along. Here are some I currently use:
http://print.coupons.com/Couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=13306&zid=iq37&nid=10

http://www.wow-coupons.com/grocery.php

http://www.afullcup.com/forums/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=501bddc45dcdf576ed76539f198a550a66ab7dcc

Crystal said...

I second afullcup.com. You can go there and look for sales and coupon (printables) for target, walmart and other grocery stores in their forum section. When we lived in Ranburne, when I was buying our groceries, I did a lot of couponing. I always used the sale papers to plan our meals for the week, especially on meats and produce. I would get so excited if it was on sale for buy one get one free AND I had a coupon. Makes you feel good when you're saving those precious pennies! :)

Bryce's momma said...

I should get more motivated with coupons. I have them in my car and forget to take them in the store and get to the checkout and realize that I don't have them. ARRRGGG! lol Great savings Lisa!

John said...

Speaking of coupons...

One of the stores here just had triple coupons this week. I went twice and got some good deals. I am not the one who pays $4 for a buggy full. That'd be my friend, Jenn, who feeds her family on pennies a week and has a huge stock pile. I am trying to learn.....but it takes TIME, something I am short on.
Stacey

Paige said...

Hey Lisa!

I have a friend who uses thegrocerygame.com (I think that's the site). You can choose the stores you shop at and it helps you target your couponing. Last week she spent $60 and saved $84. I think that's pretty good results.

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...