Sunday, September 19, 2010

Late Night Ramblings

This is about the third time this week I have attempted to write down my thoughts and give somewhat of an update on Dave. Right now it is very quiet in my house. I am sitting in the school room typing and everyone else is fast asleep. So peaceful!! I said before I have attempted to blog several times this week. I would get a few lines down and just quit and think ...no one wants to hear all that rambling.....and you may not, but I am just going to have to write from where I am right now....and that may include some rambling, just like if you were talking to me in person :)

So as you may have guessed, we are still waiting. We are waiting on all of Dave's medical records to arrive at the hospital so that we can get an appointment. I am praying that when I call in the morning that everything will have arrived. So I will post more on that later when I know more. Please pray that we would get an appointment soon.

We have been through many emotions this last week and a half. We are so busy, so there's not much time to sit around and dwell on it. Those times of dwelling on it come for me late at night and sometimes in the middle of the night.

Dave and I were able to go rafting with the Campus Outreach students from JSU yesterday. It was so much fun. God is really working in the lives of those students and it was great to get to spend the day with some of them.

Our kids are doing really well. We are very open with them about what is going on. They have questions about it every now and then....we answer them....and then they go back to playing or whatever they were doing. We hope to keep things as normal as possible for them.

I hope my next post brings news of an appointment date.

8 comments:

Jami said...

Thanks for the update Lisa! I have been thinking about you all and will continue to pray!

Tom & Bek said...

Praying all the paperwork makes it by this morning and you guys get an appt ASAP. I love you guys and am praying hard for you!!!

Aimee said...

Praying and Praying!!

Stacey said...

Nothing wrong with rambling Lisa! We love the updates, keep them coming....when you can't sleep is a great time to blog : )

stace

joy said...

as i was having my time in the word today God brought a song to my mind. it was good for my heart and i am sure dave is familiar with it. as i listened i was hearing merideth morris and brian cook sing it just as it was designed to be sung & just as it is on this link .i know dave may remember it and i pray that by listnening he will be encouraged. i didnt know how to send something straight to him so will you please share. i just laid on the floor in our sunroom and baked in God. i knew he wanted me to share this link

joy said...

oops here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpdMdxzyrs

Jessica said...

So glad you updated Lisa...
continuing to pray for you guys!

love you!

The Davis Family said...

I miss your ramblings. Hope to get a chance soon to sit and hear them all. At church Sunday I noticed that even in the middle of your "storm" your smile still lit up the place and your focus was still others. YOu are such an example to me of servanthood. I love you all.

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...