Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dave is settled in to his bed at the hospital. Hopefully he will only be here one day. They started him on Lovenox (blood thinner) and just want to monitor him since he had clots in both lungs. He is still having some pain in his left side when he takes deep breaths. He is getting some morphine so hopefully he will be able to rest well tonight. My parents got here around 6 pm so the kids will be with them tonight. I am so thankful they are here so I am able to stay with Dave. The kids got to go see a play tonight with a sweet lady who is a good friend of one of our friends from home. They were super excited about getting out. I hope they had a great time and didn't think about any of this for a few hours!



This is the story of our day. Friday night Dave started coughing and coughed up some blood. He went on to sleep after that and woke up around 5:30. He was having pain in his left side. He said on a scale of 1-10 the pain was an 8. We all jumped up threw on clothes and headed to the ER. I dropped him at the door and went to park. The kids and I rushed in and after a few minutes and one minor meltdown (that's a whole story in itself), we made it to the room with Dave. They started running test immediately. They did blood work, chest x ray, and a ct scan. The doctor came in at noon and told us he had clots in both lungs. and that is where we are now. One thing that I am learning through this is we have to take this one thing at a time, try not to think ahead, because we never know what tomorrow will hold with this cancer. Another thing I am learning is that God is giving me just enough grace to make it through each thing with this cancer. I know Dave is learning too, maybe he will do a post sometime and share with all of us. We appreciate every single person who has prayed for us today and everyday.

4 comments:

Charis said...

Know that we all love you and are praying for you and your family. I know that in one way or another you all will get through this. May God continue to give you grace!!

Tom & Bek said...

Praying Lisa - we love you guys!

Crystal said...

We are praying!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I know how you feel. My advice is just that...take one day, one challenge at a time. Hit them head on and as a united front. When David is too weak, you will find more strength, that I promise. When you are to weak, you lean on us. My heart, my soul, and all of my love is with you. Cancer beat Brian physically, but NOTHING can beat what we stood for...I will fight with any family who needs it.

Please give David my love.

Keshley

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...