Monday, December 6, 2010

Results

Today's results from the CT scan were not what we had hoped for. The tumor has actually grown a little. Dr. R was disappointed and so were we. The plan now is to change the chemo drugs. He is going to discuss Dave's case on Wednesday and he is due to start round 3 on Thursday. He is still planning to do radiation and surgery as scheduled. The surgery should be in April or so. One bit of good news today was that the pulmonary embolism was gone. Dave is doing OK. It seems we just get bad news at these visits. But we are still hopeful for good results with the next round. I am thankful today that we had such a good weekend with friends. Dave laughed alot and that was good for me to see! Continue to pray for us.

5 comments:

janet said...

I have taught Emma to use her 10 fingers to say...when I am___I will trust in YOU. I taught that to Jill as a child, now I am reminding you my precious ones. We are more than conquerers through Him...He is our Strong Tower.....though 10,ooo encamp around you and Dave.....in spite of this you will be confident....Our God reigns...He sat enthroned ABOVE the flood! He is making you not into soft iron, but Damascus steel!

Tom & Bek said...

Praying for you guys Lisa. Love you!

Stacey said...

Yesterday at church we sang the Revelation Song. I burst into tears when I heard the first words! So many good memories of our time in Russia with Dave, singing that song together...

Not the news we had hoped for, but we still are hopeful. Fight the good fight. Hold fast. God is in control!

Unknown said...

Love hopes all things. Love you guys.

ginger said...

H- HE IS FAITHFUL! ! E- EMMANUEL(GOD WITH US)! A- ALMIGHTY GOD! L-LORD OF ALL! E-ETERNAL LIFE! R-REDEEMER AND KING!--HEALER-- We continue to pray for you daily and we do know the true HEALER ! We love you Ginger & Larry

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...