Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another trip to the ER

Today Dave started having severe pain in his lower back. It got worse as the day went on. It was so bad around 7:30 tonight we brought him to the hospital. The gave him dilaudid and within minutes his pain was gone. It lasted for about and hour and a half and then the pain was back. They gave him more and now he is sleeping. The doctor thinks the pain is coming from the neulasta shot he got on Friday. I can't really explain it, but it has something to do with the shot and bone marrow. Friday was his 4th neulasta shot. She said it wears on your body just like the chemo. He is going to have an x ray and they are giving him phosphorus.....because it was low. I learn something new everyday. So the kids and I are in the waiting area....waiting! I have been going back and forth from the kids to Dave. Samuel just got his second wind so this could be a long night. Not crazy about the security in the waiting area.....that's another story!!! Have I mentioned lately how much I hate cancer? On the way to the hospital Dave was in alot of pain and Samuel was crying. He told me after we let Dave out at the ER that he didn't know why anybody invented cancer. So hard for little minds to understand....so hard for big minds to understand.

I'll update as soon as we know more. Hopefully he will get to go home tonight.

9 comments:

Jami said...

I am so sorry Lisa. I was about to check your blog when I saw your fb post. I'm praying for you all right now. Love you.

jennifer said...

Friend, been praying for you and Dave and the kids since I heard about this. Wish I could be there to help. Thanks for the update, I couldn't sleep for thinking about you and how you are doing. Grace to you sister, I love you all so much- praying for Dave's pain to stop and strength for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
This is Jill Marsh...since I have no idea if I'm signed in or not! Ha ha! I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and am praying for you all. My favorite post so far is the one about Samuel and his organized toys! You are such an awesome mom if you've taught him how to be that organized...you know how much I LOVE to organize!!! I agree with Shannon that reading your blog is like sitting and listening to your voice. I miss you so much and wish I had called you while you were home. But, I didn't because I knew that you would be swarmed with friends and family. I can be patient and wait to spend time with you when Dave is healed and you guys are back to your old normal. Love, love, love you a lot!

Katy said...

Dave and Lisa, We are continually praying for all of you. I'm so glad that you post updates for us to see so we know how to pray. We serve a great big God who knows what your family is going through. He will see you through. We love you all so much. ~The Alligoods

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you. I agree with Samuel why was cancer ever invented

Melanie Harmon said...

Lisa, We are and have been praying almost constantly for you and Dave and the kids. I feel so guilty because your having to go through this and I'm sitting in my comfortable home unable to do anything to help you. We love ya'll so much!!

Tamara said...

Praying, praying, praying!!! Wish there was some way we could help.

Love, Mercy, Grace, Strength, and Peace be yours in Jesus name!

katerri krebs said...

Praying hard my dear friend. I love you guys so much. Psalm 40.

Lisa Lee said...

I am so sorry for all you are going through. I am friends with Carolyn and I used to stay at their house a lot and I still remember David running behind us playing. All of you are in my prayers and thoughts.

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...