Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chemotherapy Day

Today Dave is having his gem/tax. He will be done soon. He has taken the steroid so hopefully he will have a better experience with this medicine than he did last time. I find myself getting very anxious as we wait for the 25th. We see Dr.Ravi that day and find out the results of the scan. I could write so much more about the emotions we are having this week. I'll do that later. Now I will leave you with a couple of pictures from the hospital this morning. Oh....and did I say how thankful I am that Lori is here this week. What a help having her here to be with the kids....and they love it!!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys have really been on my mind lately. Praying for you!

love you guys!

Mary Potts said...

Dear Lisa,

I hope Dave is doing well after his chemo treatment. Erin always felt so much better with the addition of the steroid decadron to her treatment protocol - SO much better! I love the pictures of you cuddling in the bed. Hold tight together.

My current blog post has a passage in it from a book by Danna Faulds. It's called "Healing". You may take comfort in many of the words because I think they can apply, not only to my life now, but to yours as well as you travel this cancer journey - with all the struggles, fears and hopes that you are now experiencing each day.

To quote the last line ~
"I open the door, take one deep breath and begin another day."

CBS said...

I'm so sorry your family is going through this struggle. Please know that we are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Dave, Just heard that you are sick and going thru treatment, I am so sorry. Let me know if I can help you in any way. You have a good beautiful family.
Ricky Thomas

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...