Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I started to title this post, First Day of School and A Trip to the ER.....but that was such a long title.  Well today will be our first day of school and Dave and I took a little trip to the ER during the night.  I woke up at 2:15 with him standing beside the bed.  He was having pain in his chest.  I called 911 and they came and checked him out.  His blood pressure was really high so they wanted to take him to the hospital and check him out.  When they asked me which hospital, I said MDA....they said which local hospital?.....I knew that...I just really wished we were near the MDA ER right then.  But we went to RMC and they checked him out thoroughly and even called and talked with the surgical team at MDA.  Everything looked fine.  So the big question is why was he having chest pain.  We are relieved that there was nothing wrong.  We will talk to the surgeon's office later today.  He is still having a lot of pain but we assume this is normal.  So that is how we spent our night.  I was thankful to be able to call Kim to run over and stay with the kids.  Now I am going to cook a yummy breakfast  for our first day of school.  Just when I think everything is back to normal....I am reminded how cancer really does change things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, your blog has meant so much to us; not only to keep up with Dave's progress, but such an inspiration. You are awesome. Just know our thoughts and prayers are with you as you start your "new" year. We are in Denver and look forward to seeing you when we return.
Dianne & Tommy Pope

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family, Lisa. Tell Dave "hello" from the Rainsville Hobbs clan.

Doris and Jimmy Hobbs (Rainsville, Al)

Nancy said...

Praying his pain goes away & these worries won't consume you!! I'm also praying for a wonderful rest of the week for you both!

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...