Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Disappointed

I was very disappointed to see that Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) had posed for a racy picture in Vanity Fair Magazine. My girls love to watch the show and I have always thought it was a pretty good show. I am mostly sad because the says she is a Christian which Abby thinks is so cool. I guess this is just another teachable moment with my kids. You can't put anybody on a pedestal, because people will let you down. I do hope this is an isolated instance and she will not continue down that path. I also hope her parents will take more responsibility for her. She is only fifteen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree Lisa. Who knows what kind of pressure that kid is under. It must really be a hard balance to be growing up a celebrity.

DonnaK said...

I can't believe that happened either! It seems like someone would have stopped that....her parents, Disney, someone (for goodness sake...the photographer shouldn't have even gone there, and wasn't anyone at the photo shoot with her? When skin started being revealed someone should have spoken up in my opinion!)...I mean she apoligized the next day, and surely they realize that most of her fans are little girls. What were they thinking?? I was disappointed too! You are right though, people will always let you down! I do hope she realizes through this that she isn't as grown up as she thinks, or that people are trying to make her!

Barb said...

Hey Lisa,

I was disappointed also, but in my heart I feel she made a mistake and gave into the pressures of being a child in an adult world. I think her apology was sincere and all I can hope is that she continues to realize her mistake and get back on the right path.

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...