Monday, April 28, 2008

Thoughts on a Monday

This is the last week for our Spring Home Bible Fellowship. We have done the Tim Keller study "Gospel Christianity". It has been good and I have learned alot. This past week we really dug into why we believe the Bible. One of the biggest things I realized is how I knew the Bible stories I learned as a child and even as an adult but how sometimes I miss the Story of the Bible. You know the thread (Jesus) that runs from Genesis to Revelation. Those are not isolated incidents: Noah, Daniel in the lions den, Moses etc. You see Jesus in it all! I have realized lately how to have to see God in every situation. Yesterday I cooked this huge ham that my friend Sue gave me for Easter. Thank you Sue for thinking about our needs and being such a good example to us of giving. Today we went to Chuckie Cheese in Birmingham with our Girl Scout Troop. This is what they chose to do with their cookie money. We went I 59 instead if I 20 to avoid Talladega race traffic. So it seemed to take forever to get there. Samuel had 2 meltdowns on the way. One because he was "starving to death" and the other meltdown came when he had to go to the bathroom. We finally made it there and they had a great time playing.

Lisa

1 comment:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I have discovered this same thing in the past year or so of my Bible study. I never really looked at the Bible as a whole, and it just amazes me when I reread and study those stories that I can see Christ (and God's sovereignty) in each one.

Xandra

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...