Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day

This our pitiful snowman. Our gloves were just getting wet which made it hard to roll the snow.


Dave was ruthless with the snowballs!



My toothless snow angel. I had to take her back in for a bogan and some gloves!



Yes that is Samuel with a purple glove. We were short on gloves this morning!



Charlie is Abby's sidekick. He liked playing in the snow. Abby got up ready to go out and play.






Mine and Abby's hand prints on the van.


I was so excited that it snowed today. I kept getting up during the night checking to see if we had any snow. We didn't. I was so sad. But James Span kept saying it was coming to East Alabama.....and when it finally arrived, it was beautiful. We played out in the snow for a while, built a fire, roasted marshmallows, ate chili, and took a nap. What more could you ask for on a snow day.
Next weekend the forecast is sunny and 70. You gotta love this Alabama weather!


6 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahh great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Crystal said...

Fun! We had chili this afternoon too!

John said...

Glad I wasn't around to get hit with Dave's snowballs! Some things don't change with age, huh?

We only had an inch here, which is fine with me because I don't want to worry about being snowed in and calling the midwife! No baby yet, due the 10th....
Stacey

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That' the beauty of the south...snow one day, sun the next! Loved the picture of the handprints in the snow...and why is it that daddies are so ruthless with the snowballs??? Trevor did the same thing when we got snow in December!

Xandra

The Allen Family said...

love this alabama weather!! the snow was great, but i'm ready for the 70 degrees this weekend!!! glad ya'll had so much fun in the snow :)

Christy said...

Great pics Lisa! Looks like ya'll had a blast. It is so sad to see that Abby's handprint is not that much smaller than yours!!! She is growing up so fast. I think Jason and I almost boo-hood just thinking about it last night. :)

June 13

22 Years I wrote this blog post several years ago. I have added to it each year.  It's good to remember...... 1st year (1998-1999) o...